Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Charlotte's New Sayings

She likes to say the following: probably so or probably is. Can you use that in a sentence? I will ask her, "Are you wet?" Answer: probably so. "Are you stinky?" Answer: probably so. She says that and many times when I check, she's not wet or stinky. Or in a another context, "Is it snack time?" Answer: probably is. "Is it bathtime?" Answer: probably is. She also likes to use: It's too hard. I say, "Please eat your... (insert breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack) then she will reply, "It's too hard!" Or even better yet "Can I help you eat...(insert any food item) then she will say, "No, it's too hard!" How is me helping her eat too hard? The last one is the one I hate the most, and I know she gets it from her older sister. "I can't". Lately she has been combining "I can't" with "it's too hard". Potting training is such a joy when I ask her to go sit on the potty, and she says," I can't, it's too hard." How hard is it to actually sit down on the potty. Now the potty is hard I give her that, but the act of sitting on it is not hard, especially since she is not physically challenged. She thinks the act of sitting on the potty is too hard for her to do.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

um, that would be my 2nd child as well. the "it's too hard" comment must be genetic!