Monday, January 26, 2009

Dishwasher Repair Day

Round 4: So the repairman shows up, looks at my dishwasher, runs it for 30 minutes or so, and finds no leaks. Of course! During this time, Charlotte finds a silica gel packet and shows it to me. Those are little white packets that are in some food packages and in packing boxes to keep the moisture out. Well, I told her to throw it away. A simple request that she at 2 1/2 can easily carry out. I noticed that she was standing at the trash a little too long, and when I go and check things out, the packet is open and it appears that she has eaten some! I ask her calmly if she ate some, and at first she denied it, but finally admitted that she had. So not having the number to poison control, I call 4-1-1 to get it thinking I going to have to take her to the emergency room. The nurse with posion control said that they are not poisionous, and it is like eating sand. Well, there was a bright spot today. Charlotte went potty on the a big potty while we were out grocery shopping! She still uses the little potty chair at home and doesn't even like the soft ring that fits on the big potty at home. I think it was the fact that she had to go and Bella went before her. I hope this continues. The potty training progress, not the crazy last few days.

3 comments:

Lora Lynn @ Vitafamiliae said...

Ian ate one of those packets in Toys R Us one time. I pitched a fit until the manager called poison control and we got told the same thing you did.

Our Plain Life said...

What a crazy few days! Hope this week is better for you. When Annika was about Charlotte's age she also ingested some of those silica beads. Dan called poison control (I was gone at the time), and the lady said the same thing. The reason they put "Do Not Eat" on the packaging is so old people don't get confused and think it's a sugar packet. Isn't that funny?

The Farmer Files said...

Hoooray for the potty!!!