This morning Bella woke up and whined, "I want to go home. I like our house better than the hotel." What a great way to start off the morning. When we turned on the TV, a severe thunderstorm advisiory was flashing at the bottom of the screen. Not to mention the dark clouds looming outside our hotel room. After several trips to load up the van, the wind picked up and then it began to rain, hard. We made it to the van without getting too wet.
Grant's Farm: Rained Out
Well, our plans have changed and we headed to Springfield this morning. All our stuff including the kids were loaded into the van by 9:30am. We will be back in St. Louis at the end of the week so we can go then.
Springfield, MO
Our drive took about 3 hours. On the outskirts of Springfield we ate lunch. On our way out, a couple asked, "What is your son's name?" "Alexander," I replied. "Are you sure it isn't Bob? Our son acted that way when he was that age and now he is a fine young man." "There is hope," I think to my self as I recall how he licked everything in sight and ran around like I had never taken him
out in public ever in his life." There is never a dull moment. Leaving the resturant, like with a bad flight, you will never see these people again. On to the hotel. Upon the arrival at the hotel (1:30pm), Xander had fallen asleep, and the front desk told us that they didn't have any rooms available yet. So we drove around for about 1 1/2 hours, since the temperature hovered just under 100 degrees. The air conditioned van seem the best option for keeping Xander asleep as long a possible, and us cool at the same time. At 3pm we returned and check into the hotel. Making a quick change in our room we proceeded directly to the pool.
Meeting up with Dan's College Friend
At 6:30pm we ventured to meet his friend and 2 kids at a local park. The temperature gauge in the van read 102 degrees. The whole time we were at the park all the kids, with the exception of Xander asked, "Is it time to go home?" "No," was the response. After an hour, we (the adults) could bear the heat and even more the humidity anymore especially after the slight breeze, stopped. We made the decision to go to a cooler location. "Who wants ice cream?" "I do!!!!" The kids shouted. Their enthusiam came as much from a relif of getting out of the heat as it was about getting a treat. As long as it has indoor seating that is air conditioned, I'll go anywhere. Driving to get ice cream I happened to look between the two front seats and saw the cup of gummy worms that Xander didn't eat. Did you know that if you touch a gummy
worm that has been sitting in the heat, it actually starts to feels like a real worm. Maybe that's how they got their name? OK, I know they are actully shaped like worms too. We decided to do an experiment and leave them in the van to see what would happen. This is photo day 1. In the elevator back up to our hotel room, Dan commented, "Today's Sunday. We have a full week left of vacation. I want to go home."
Bedtime
We got the kid in bed fifteen minutes earlier than last night, but it was still 9:30pm. Maybe tomorrow they will be in bed by 9:15pm. Now I know why we didn't take a vacation last year with Xander being 1 yr. Too much work at least with his on the go personality. I am thinking that our next vacation with the kids will be when they are 5, 7 & 9 and we go to Disney.
Grant's Farm: Rained Out
Well, our plans have changed and we headed to Springfield this morning. All our stuff including the kids were loaded into the van by 9:30am. We will be back in St. Louis at the end of the week so we can go then.
Springfield, MO
Our drive took about 3 hours. On the outskirts of Springfield we ate lunch. On our way out, a couple asked, "What is your son's name?" "Alexander," I replied. "Are you sure it isn't Bob? Our son acted that way when he was that age and now he is a fine young man." "There is hope," I think to my self as I recall how he licked everything in sight and ran around like I had never taken him
Meeting up with Dan's College Friend
At 6:30pm we ventured to meet his friend and 2 kids at a local park. The temperature gauge in the van read 102 degrees. The whole time we were at the park all the kids, with the exception of Xander asked, "Is it time to go home?" "No," was the response. After an hour, we (the adults) could bear the heat and even more the humidity anymore especially after the slight breeze, stopped. We made the decision to go to a cooler location. "Who wants ice cream?" "I do!!!!" The kids shouted. Their enthusiam came as much from a relif of getting out of the heat as it was about getting a treat. As long as it has indoor seating that is air conditioned, I'll go anywhere. Driving to get ice cream I happened to look between the two front seats and saw the cup of gummy worms that Xander didn't eat. Did you know that if you touch a gummy
Bedtime
We got the kid in bed fifteen minutes earlier than last night, but it was still 9:30pm. Maybe tomorrow they will be in bed by 9:15pm. Now I know why we didn't take a vacation last year with Xander being 1 yr. Too much work at least with his on the go personality. I am thinking that our next vacation with the kids will be when they are 5, 7 & 9 and we go to Disney.
No comments:
Post a Comment