2 years ago
Friday, July 2, 2010
Day at the Zoo
Daddy
took the day off and so we went to the zoo. The Cincinnati Zoo is great for hot summer days because it is also a botanical garden, and most of the walking paths are shaded. Our first stop on our zoo adv
enture was a turtle petting area. Xander was all about touching the turtles, and even Bella decided that it wasn't too scary to try. Charlotte came in the turtle area with us, but when one came too close to her, she stepped out and would not come back in. Our next stop was a large netted enclosure that you walked into with a type of eagle
that had a wing span of 8 feet. Personally, I didn't think that the space was large enough for a bird of that size, but I'm not a bird expert. On the wall of the look out it had the wing spans of several birds. If it is true that your ar
ms from fingertip to fingertip equal your height then my wing span is close to 5 feet. So I looked on the color code legend and found out that I have the same wing span as a Turkey Vulture. Isn't that special. Time to move on. By the way we didn't see the eagle. Photo time. Bella wanted her picture next to the mama and baby polar bear statue. When a picture is her idea, she is all about it. When mama wants a pict
ure, it's no fun. After lunch we went to the 3D Dora and Diego 10 minute movie. The seat vibrated, water splashed on you, bubbles came down from he ceiling, and cold air blew in your face at just the right time.
Other than this picture, Xander didn't want to wear his glasses for the movie. I can't believe that he wanted to watch a blurry movie, but he preferred that to seeing it up close and personal. The girls enjoyed every minute of it. As we left the kids wanted to get close to the metal replicas of a mama and baby rhinoceros. The statues were much too hot to touch, but I wanted at least 1 cute picture. I asked little man, "Can you give the rhino a kiss?"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment