Saturday, July 31, 2010

Our First Time...

...Using our own grill. That's right, we have never in our married life owned a grill. I know, how could we have survived without one for so long. Well, if you have never had one you don't miss it. Before our vacation, we bought a grill. I figured it was time. Our patio and patio set were bought last summer and for the second year in a row we brorrowed our neighbor's grill for little man's birthday party. Now our neighbors were invited to both of little man's parties, and this year we bought them a new tank of gas too. Both times they were very gracious to let us use their grill for our event; however, I felt it high time that we invested in our own. The grill had been sitting in our garage assembled for the last couple of weeks unused due to our vacation and this last week vacation bible school from 6-9pm. Earlier in the week I had bought Dan a nice cut of beef expecting this weekend would be the time for us to begin our grilling journey. And so it was. Dan grilled his beef and I my pre-seasoned tiliapi filet. Our final thoughts: very good. We grilled in our garage due to the rain. Not only did we have a great dinner, but it made our garage smell so much better than it normally does. What more can you ask for?

No comments: