Thursday, March 18, 2010

Spring is Almost Here

Today it is a beautiful 65 degrees with a slight breeze. I weeded my flower beds, and turned the dirt in my compost pile for the first time in months. An older couple walking by commented that they could use me at their house. I told them that this is the best my beds will look all summer. I am not a gardener by any means. I am motivated to do gardening projects in the spring after being cooped up in the house all winter; however, by the time summer comes, my drive is lacking and the work becomes tedious. For now my beds look taken care of and ready to recieve flowers when the time comes. My dead mums from the fall (I had two) which I was going to throw in the woods behind our house, but though all the dead stuff I could see some green. Sure enough once I cut it all down, there was the new green growth. A real sign of spring.

No comments: