2 years ago
Tuesday, February 16, 2010
Transition from Baby to Little Boy
I mentioned in my previous post about little man's crib escape on Friday. For his safety and my sanity, today we converted his crib into the toddler bed. I was not prepared, nor ready to have the stay in bed battle with my 21 month old son. Why you may ask? Let's just say that he is not as compliant as the girls were nor does he have a thumb or binky to help him sleep. He does have babies (luvies), but that is not the same. Naptime was the test, and he passed. I put him in and he stayed with no crying. Wow. I couldn't believe it. Then came bed time. The same. He climbed into his bed, I covered him up and he stayed there without crying. I guess he wanted to be in a big boy bed. All I care about is that he likes his "new" big boy bed and that we didn't have to visit the ER. I am still surprised that we haven't had to take him yet. For the first time, I get to use the baby comforter that you can't use in crib with babies, but comes with every crib set. He loves his his comforter because of the soft velour on it. On top of the new bed situation we have been potty training, so this transition is even more a reality. I am sort of sad to see the crib transition it's way out, but I am not sad to see the diapers go.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
We have been free of diapers for 4 weeks at our house and I can truly say I feel like a new person! Silas is doing great with his "unwearders" as he calls them. They grow up ast, and in some ways it is a relief, but the other night as I tucked him in I cried...it feels a little too fast sometimes!
Post a Comment