2 years ago
Friday, January 8, 2010
No school and the snow keeps coming
It started snowing yesterday morning. The snow came down so fast that the local schools had early dismissal. Ours was 2 hours early. Dan shoveled before going to work, I shoveled after dropping Bella off at school, and again during nap time and yet again after picking Bella up from school. I shoveled and the kids got to play in the snow. We had a fun day. However, the snow didn't stop all night and it continues to snow now. School got canceled today. That's nice. Bella wasn't too happy either. I called Dan at work and ask if he was coming home early and the answer was no. It going to be a long day. At least it's happy Friday. A three day weekend is not as nice when Dan's not home to help with the chaos. When I start to complain about the snow, my sweet husband chimes in, "Aren't you a yankee?" Technically, I was born in the West, then moved south of the Mason Dixon Line, upon moving out West again, only then moving north of the Mason Dixon Line to IL, which doesn't help my case nor does having gone to college in MN. I will say this. I love to snow ski; however, I don't like the cold despite the many states I have lived in that are cold for too many months of the year. In February, Dan has a business trip to Daytona Beach, FL. I would love to go with him, but with temperatures in the high 20's & low 30's right now, I don't think the beach is that appealing in the cold. As a kid I'm sure I liked the snow: making snow angels, going sledding, learning to ski and occasionally, no school. Now as an adult shovelling the driveway, and manuevering the trecherous snowy roads with crazy drivers who have 4 wheel drive and think they own the road, not so much fun. Playing for hours in the snow out in the bitter cold, not so much fun either.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment