Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Kindergarten Screening

Bella was beside herself with excitement that she would be going to her school today. Since I have been doing her preschool the last two years, I was nervous. Did I teach her everything she needed to know, will she respond to the teachers because they are strangers to her? We signed her up for full day everyday kindergarten, which she has to quailify for both in academic rediness and maturity. This is a program we have to pay for since the state doesn't pay for full day every day kindergarten. By Friday we recieved the letter informing us of the results of the screening. She did well in both areas.

1 comment:

The Farmer Files said...

Hooray for Bella! Hooray for your district and state! Our school is the only school in the district that does not offer full day kinder because the kids continue to score highest in the area w/half day kinder in the later grades, so they don't fund it! What a genius idea to allow parents to pay!