Thursday, September 25, 2008

Tuesday, September 16th

I finally go a hold a friend who said they would go and check out the outside of our house and reasured me that the storm did not produce any rain only high winds. So our basement wouldn't be flooded. Her report was that our house was still stand with not visible damage. I finally got another friend on her cell phone and she suggested that someone go into our house and check if our freezer had leaked water onto our floor. Our freezer is on the bottom and our fridge is on top. At this point our power was still not on. She said that she would be willing to go in and check as well as empty our fridge and freezer since we would not be home for another week. I told her I would call the security system company and make sure that it was not armed. The company assured me that with the power outage that the back-up battery would not be working after 6-8 hours. The power was out for 48 hours. I overnighted our house keys to her office, so she could go to our house on Wednesday.

No comments: