2 years ago
Wednesday, December 15, 2010
Could this be a hint
The last three mornings I have woken up on my own a little before 5am. On Saturday, we bought a home gym. Not a real expensive one, but it fit the requirements for a wellness reimbursement of $250 offered through Dan's work. Before you start thinking that we workout fanatics, just know that prior to having bought this piece of equipment that it had been a very, very long time since we had touched our bike, treadmill, exercise ball, free weights or Wii fit. So maybe my body is telling me that since I am already up at 5am, I should go workout before the kids get up. As much as it makes sense, I see two distinct flaws: 1. I don't want to get out my warm bed that early (really more about me being lazy) and 2. Generally the moment my legs dangle over the side of the bed and the very edge of my toenail skims the floor, the kids start to get up. They instinctively know mama is awake. On Monday I had the kids ride their bikes in our unfinished basement so I could workout. They rode bikes for 5 minutes then decided that they just wanted to watch me. They watched me play tennis with the Wii, do yoga with the Wii, walk on the treadmill and pump some iron. :) I can tell you that really wasn't helping my motivation. Let's just say, hypothetically that I made a New Year's resolution about exercising, I would have no excuses.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment