Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Grieving with hope

This morning I went to the funeral of a 25 year old guy from our church who leaves behind a wife and 2 children 5 and 3. CH collasped, rushed to the ER, remained in a coma and died a week later. He celebrated his 25th birthday in the hospital. As I sat in the service I learned many things about his life that I didn't know. What I did know coming in was that 3 years ago his wife drug him to church and after sometime he began a relationship with Jesus, and a few months later his wife did the same. Two years ago they were both baptized at our church. The day before he collapsed he posted on Facebook a bold and profound statement about his faith. I am paraphrasing a portion of what he said. CH: I am a believer in Jesus Christ...if we deny Him here and now, when we reach the gates of heaven, He will deny knowing us then. The entire service our pastors kept emphasizing that we grieve with hope and that hope comes from the fact that if we ask Jesus to forgive our sins and ask Him to take control of our lives, that we too will have the hope of seeing CH one day. I wonder if he will still have tatoos in Heaven?

1 comment:

The Farmer Files said...

Tattoos...hmmm. Haven't ever thought of that one.