Monday, December 22, 2008

I Painted Our Master Bedroom

This weekend I decided it was time to paint our master bedroom the color orange or according to the paint chip, fall leaf. It definately is a bold color choice and I have to admit that I was a little aprehensive about doing it even after getting the paint. It is only paint and with a lot of work it could be painted over so why not. I finally got new bedding after seven years. I needed a change. I ordered new bedding: the gold duvet cover, and a printed sheet set. The printed Euro Shams are in the mail.


Here are the printed sheets which you can't see from the picture. The same print Euro Shams will help tie together the duvet cover and wall color. Our room feels cozier now that it is painted. I also found some faux silk curtains in brown online on clearence for $10 a panel. That's cheap even with paying for shipping. If Idon't like them, I can alway return them. I think the sheen from the curtains will go well with the slight sheen of the duvet cover. By now you are thinking, she watches too much HGTV and this room is the ugliest room I have ever seen. It is currently a work in progress and we are trying for a Moroccan feel. I don't know if it will work but I will keep you posted. What I didn't show is our sitting area with a fireplace that was behind me. That area too is painted orange, but we don't know what to do with it yet.

3 comments:

JOY said...

Hi Heather,
I think it looks nice - orange is not my color, but I think it looks great with the white trim and you will be able to achieve the Moroccan feel. Merry Christmas!!

The Farmer Files said...

Well I love it. But I want to know how you picked all this stuff.

Dianne said...

Looks good. I like it, totally warms u p the room. The gold duvet is a nice compliment. Good job! Now...how do you paint with three ankle bitters at your feet? I'm amazed. Merry Christmas