Friday, January 7, 2011

Our First Week of the New Year

This week has been a blur. I went to the doctor on the 3rd because I had a nasty cough that wouldn't quit. It ended up I had so much junk in my right lung the doctor couldn't hear any air movement. At least I still had one good lung to live on. Because I was trying to "rest", I didn't go to the grocery store upon returning home from our trip on Sunday. I scrounged up food for dinners, but by Tuesday Bella brought oatmeal to school for lunch. Just so you know she actually likes oatmeal and regularly brings warm dishes to school in her thermos. Xander woke up with a nasty cold on Wednesday, but with the threat of snow on Thursday, I didn't want to chance waiting one more day to go grocery shopping. That was a good thing because I took Xander to the doctor on Thursday with a yucky cough. I wanted to make sure he didn't have what I did. He didn't. However, he had a double ear infection on top of the cold and signs of pink eye. The doctor prescribed an antibotic that covered a multitude of ailments. After the morning visit to the doctor, he spiked a fever of 103 which didn't come down until 12 hours later. I hope and pray that this is not telling of what our 2011 will look like.

2 comments:

The Farmer Files said...

And He makes all things new...maybe next week is your New Year's.

Gwen Ernst said...

Hope you are all on the mend. We missed you on Wednesday, but hopefully will see you on Monday.