The Kids with our Neighbor
Up until this year, I have dictated what costumes the kids wore for Beggar' Night. However, this year Bella begged (no pun intended) to wear the Alice (in Wonderland) costume that Charlotte wore last year. Charlotte had her heart set on being Tinkerbell (which we already had the costume); however, I wanted them to be a group. Roll your eyes as you may, I will probably only get to do this one more maybe 2 years max. After some convincing, Charlotte agreed to be the Queen of Hearts, which left Xander. I didn't want to pay for 2 costumes so I thought long and hard about Xander's costume. What could I make with not a lot of time, money or effort. Ok, I know that sounds lazy, but this was at the beginning of October. I can be crafty; however, it takes time which I didn't have. It finally came to me, a card. The queen of hearts played croquet with playing cards. Being that Charlotte was the Queen of Hearts, Xander would be the 2 of hearts. I made a card out of foam board, craft paper, elastic and wrapping paper. Quick, easy and cheap.The only picture I have of Xander in his costume because he refused to wear it.
1 comment:
One day I will tell you ALL about Joshua and the Eeyore costume when he was 2. Totally refused to wear it. He was in tears, I was nearly in tears, and by all counts we were legitimately looney at our house.
Post a Comment