Sunday, June 20, 2010

Blueberry Picking

We had such fun going strawberry picking, that I thought that going blueberry picking would have the same such excitement. The anticipation built up all week then saturday morning came and it rained. Looking at the forcast, Sunday looked perfect. A little warm, but no chance of rain. After church we ate a quick lunch and hopped in the van for a 30 minute ride to the the Fruit Farm. As we entered the store to get the bucket to put our precious fruit in, Bella's excitment couldn't be contained. "We can make blueberry pie, blueberry jam, blueberry smoothies, and blueberry popcicles," Bella exclamed! I like that enthusiasum. We walked to the rows of blueberry bushes and I showed the girls what a ripe blueberry looked like. They each had a bucket. No lie 5 minutes into picking, Charlotte announces, " I'm done." Ok, so I take her bucket. Then Bella whines, "I'm ichy." Dan takes her bucket. Alexander tries to help me; however, he wasn't discrimating in his choice of berries. Usually he picked the least ripe one and plopped it in the bucket. Since the girls were done, Dan took all three kids to look at the animals while I picked blueberries. I kept thinking, "We didn't drive all this way to leave 5 minutes after arriving. I will go home with hand picked blueberries if it kills me!"

No comments: